Friday, May 3, 2013
Hurting Feet for Jesus!!!!!
This past week, our Rio City Team offered training on how to preach inductively from the bible to four of our Brazilian partners. We received and hosted two pastors from the United States. The training was received well and we pray that God will use it to multiply His kingdom!
Along with these pastors came their sweet wives, Linda and Edie. We planned to join Juliana of Atuação Voluntária one day to minister to a group of 28 women in a slum here in Rio. Edie had brought materials for the women to make bible covers. But God had another plan.....
2 hours before we were to leave the mission house, Linda and Edie went to a nearby neighborhood to purchase some Brazilian sandals. Unfortunately, Edie suffered a fall and within a half an hour, the three of us were en route to a hospital, as we thought that her ankle could possibly be broken!
On the way to the hospital, sitting in the front seat of the taxi, I had a conversation with the driver. I asked Him if he believed in Jesus and he responded that he hated religion and that he believed that all religions lead to the same place. I shared with him that I believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to have eternal salvation. And so, the conversation continued....
....when we arrived at the hospital emergency doors, our conversation had changed to what countries we had traveled to. He shared that he had traveled to Europe and the United States. He said that I was different than the Americans he had met. He said I was joyful. I said it was the joy of the Lord and I asked him to consider a life following Jesus----only one God. I said the difference he saw in me was only from the Lord!
Edie didn't break her ankle, praise God! She sprained it and is now at home recouperating! Pray for quick healing and pray for salvation through Christ to come to our taxi driver!
Being the hands and feet of Christ here in Rio,
Diane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment