This past week we had the pleasure of spending 4 days with two CENA missionaries, Edileuza and Monica, as they took part in Pathways, a biblical training program that we offer to our Brazilian partners.
Saturday morning after delivering Edileuza and Monica safely to the bus station for their 6-hour ride back to Sao Paulo, Jeff, Leah (one of our 6-month interns) and I stopped at the Teleferico for a ride up to the top station in Complexo do Alemao (German Complex) for a bird's-eye view of the seven communities that converge together.
During our ride up, the gondolas paused for some time to let on a
handicapped person and so I was provided some extra time to start a
conversation and share the Evange-Cube with a woman named Aline.
At the top, Leah, Jeff and I chatted with a couple of young boys who were asking for money to buy bread.
We are careful not to give out money to people on the streets as we don't know what they will buy. Instead, we keep crackers or baby food with us with our local church flyer attached.
We found out that they lived in the neighborhood with their mom and dad and their mom had bread at home. I reminded them that Jesus teaches that He is the bread of life. They shared that they knew who Jesus is and that they go to church.
Always ready to share the hope of Christ,
Diane and Jeff

No comments:
Post a Comment