Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Ready to Share Christ EVERYWHERE!
A few days ago, I stopped at a local hair salon here in the US for my semiyearly haircut. The stylist cut off 5 inches of hair! The Portuguese vocabulary terms used in salons have always made me nervous in Brazil! Miscommunication can mean a really bad cut!
When we are here in the USA and strangers ask what we do for a living, the term "missionary" can bring on some really strange responses from unbelieving people! So, into the salon I went, having decided beforehand to just keep quiet and let the stylist concentrate on giving me a REALLY good haircut :) Boy---was that a selfish thought!
But, God had a better plan..... When the stylist asked me where I was from, a client sitting close by chimed in that she was from the same place! That lead to the next question of, "so where do you live now", and then, of course, "WHAT do you do THERE?"
Well, when God gives you a divine appointment, there is no turning back and by the end of the haircut and our time together, when Jeff came in to pick me up, I had my stylist's hands in my hands, she was weeping and I was praying for her!
Opportunities to share the love of Christ are EVERYWHERE in this world and people need the Lord! We're praying and ready for more divine appointments here!
Blessed to be serving with you here in the USA for a few short weeks!
Diane and Jeff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment