Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Loving the lost into the Kingdom...


I recently had a great conversation here in Rio in a taxi with the driver.  I celebrated with him when he told me he believed in Jesus!  And then I cried inside when he told me that he also believed in other gods.  He told me that he believed that all of these gods would get you to the same place in eternity and that it didn't matter which one you believed in.

Many times we hear this same thing here in Brazil.  People believing in multiple false gods.  People putting their hope in hopeless gods.

The taxi driver asked me why my "good God" would allow him to have a healthy child and his friend to have a son in a coma out of which the doctors have said he will probably never wake up.  I involved the two other passengers in the taxi in the conversation, two visiting Americans, and gave them opportunity to speak into this.

They responded that sin entered the world when Adam and Eve disobeyed God. They responded that our life here on earth is short in comparison to eternity, and only those that trust in Jesus will spend eternity in the presence of the Father.

When we arrived at our destiny, I was able to share the complete gospel message with this taxi driver and leave him with an evangecube.  I encouraged him to pray to God to reveal himself to him and then to begin to read the book of John from His wife's bible.  He sincerely seemed to be willing to do that.  Please pray that he does!  Please pray that he comes to know Christ!

I was reminded how narrow is the gate and how few will enter it.  It also reminds me how much work we still have ahead of us to spread the true gospel of Jesus Christ.  How God desires that NO ONE should perish!

To quote Billy Graham, “It is the Holy Spirit's job to convict, God's job to judge and my job to love.”


Delighted to be here loving on people,

Diane and Jeff

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father but through Me'" (John 14:6).

No comments:

Post a Comment