Tuesday, April 8, 2014

One Small Reason



We recently received a short-term team here in Rio from Valley Southview in south Des Moines.  The time we spent with them was wonderful!  We enjoyed their passion.  We enjoyed the comradery.  We enjoyed showing them the ministries we are involved in.  But mostly, we enjoy what a short-term creates for us---ministry-wise. 

Let me share.....

One of the nights we traveled with Valley Southview to a neighborhood where our Brazilian partner, Caju, desires to soon plant a church.  We were enjoying an evening event at which many non-believers were in attendance.  We worshiped, we enjoyed an evangelistic skit (performed by Valley Southview), and discussed it in small groups, and we broke bread together.

God always works in ways we don't expect!  I had promised the women on the team that I would be there for them that evening to help translate if they needed me.  However, halfway through the evening, the wife of the pastor asked me if I would go over to the neighbors house with her and meet with this woman. 

This neighbor had heard English worship music and called the home at which we were meeting to inquire what was going on.  Soon, three of us were on our way next door to meet with this neighbor.  We spent time talking, encouraging and praying with a woman that was seeking after Christ.

What a joy it was for me Sunday evening to see this neighbor worshiping with the body of believers at the Caju church!

We never know exactly how God will use a short-term team.  He uses them all is many different ways.  And this is only one way He used this team.  There are numerous other ways!

I just wanted to share this one, as I was so happy to see this woman at church because of Valley Southview's trip to Rio.

Pray for this woman to know the true Christ!

Blessings,

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment