God continues to reaffirm our calling back to the States as missionaries and pastor, and especially to the neighborhood He has placed us in! We celebrate our new friends down the street who come to our weekly Connection Group and study God's Word with us!
I recently met another of our new neighbors, Meg (not her real name), as we were out prayer-walking with our Connection Group this past Wednesday evening.
Meg shared openly about her difficult life, which includes several attempted suicides and problems with her marriage and mental illness. Because of the medications she takes for bipolar disorder, she wasn't able to focus on our conversation, but we were able to pray for her, give her a gentle hug and speak truth into her life regarding her value as a person created in the image of God. As well, I told her where I lived and offered a listening ear anytime she needed.
I spent a couple of days feeling overwhelmed by Meg's needs and problems. I was overwhelmed because I was trying to be her savior! Her problems are not too big for God! He calls me to love my neighbor as myself. Sometimes this requires getting involved in the messiness!
God gently reminded me this morning as I was reading in 1 Timothy 2 that God wants all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth.
It doesn't matter how messed up our lives are. It is the work of the Holy Spirit alone. Our job is to speak the truth in love and respect and present the clear gospel message.
I, too, was once lost and without hope in my life. People were praying for me and shared the truth! I praise God for my sister, Debra, who asked me that difficult question, "have you ever prayed and asked God to be the Lord and Savior of your life?" She then prayed with me and I entered into a life following Christ.
Could it be that no one has ever prayed for Meg? Could it be that she has never heard the true gospel message? Clearly, the enemy is at work in a myriad of ways, destroying her life.
God has replaced my overwhelmed feeling with His hope! Hope that Meg's life can be transformed and that He alone is able to transform it! Hope that this may be an opportunity to be used by Him!
I am humbled by His amazing grace, for I, too, was once lost...
Please join me in praying for Meg! Pray for clear direction from God on how to minister to her. Pray that the enemy is bound in her life and she chooses to follow Jesus!
Servant of the King of Kings,
Diane
Diane
No comments:
Post a Comment